ABOUT GUELYLAND

"One of the smallest , independent kingdoms in the ciberuniverse. Nothing fancy. Population? Just me, myself and my jaguars, my movies and my books (and, at this very moment, YOU). Hided and secret like Skull Island or Opar, the ancients in Guelyland use to read the scrools of a minor god called Voor-Hes.
Most of the treasures of Guelyland are made of paper, plastic and vinyl.Guelyland dreams with expanding in deep more then in surface. The music of Nik Kershaw has been heard here. There are apes, lots of apes in Guelyland. Woody Allen and Bob Hope visit it quite often. Here we love books (the Kingdoms Library is both celebrated and secret) Here we are atheists but very tolerant and think of god a bit too often and much. Guelyland is, the stuff my dreams are made of..."

PEOPLE WITH TASTE. YOU CAN BE ONE OF THEM!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

HARRISON FORD


If I have to name my favorite actor and only one second to answer, that would be: Harrison Ford. Today he turns 68. Here, some wisdom and quotations from The Man himself.




"I'm like old shoes. I've never been hip. I think the reason I'm still here is that i was never enough in fashion that I had to be replaced by something new."



"Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself saying "Wow this is it. I guess I'm happy, Igot a home I love. A career I love. I'm even feeling more and moreat peace with myself. If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm ambitious for that too."



"Whoever had the bright idea of putting Indiana Jones in a leather jacket and a fedora in the jungle ought to be dragged into the street and shot"



"The third time you say a thing it sounds like a lie."



"When I started, the studio producer told me, Kid you have no future in the business. I say Why?. He said, When Tony curtis first walked onscreen carrying a bag of groceries I took a look at him and said THAT'S a movie star! I said Weren't you supposed to say, That's a grocery delivery boy?"



"I never wanted to be the boss"



"I think I did have a reputation for being grumpy. I have opinions. I have an independent vision. I am a purposeful person. But on a daily basis. I think i'm other than grumpy. I think it is a case where I am coming to do business and not there just to be flattered and cajoled and used."



"I'm an assistent storyteller. It's like being a waiter or a gasstation attendant, but I'm waiting on six million people a week, if I'm lucky."



"As a conscientious objector during the Vietnam war I confused them so badly that they never took action on my petition. My conscientious objection wasn't based on a history of religious affiliation, which made it difficult at the time. I remembered Paul Tillich's phrase, "If you have trouble with the word God, take whatever is central or most meaningfull to your life and call that God". I always had trouble with the notion of God in a stand-up form. So I developed a thesis and took the biblical injuction to love the neighbor as thyself as the central and most meaningful thing in my life. I combined it all and typed for days and sent it off and never heard a word. Never got it called in."



"I don't use any particular method. I'm from the lets pretend school of acting."



"The loss of anonimity is something that nobody can prepare you for. When it happened, I recognized that I'd lost one of the most valuable things in life. to this day, i'm not all that happy about it."



"I choosed to be an actor because I was a failure in all other fields."




4 comments:

Gigi Peligro said...

y yo que pensaba que ya había comentado este post... en fin, lo repito: I looove Harrison Ford!!

Guely of Sweden said...

No pues, por ahora no podemos registrar los comentarios mentales. Nuestra cobertura telepática no se extiende aun a Hispania. :)
Pero ya me lo imaginaba, fedora girl.

#167 Dad said...

Ford's a cool cat. Nice tribute.

Guely of Sweden said...

I just hope to see him in some good new movie.

WATCH ME, WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME

Related Posts with Thumbnails