If I have to name one actress that impress me for her beauty and talent i have to say Jennifer Connelly (second choice for beauty: Monica Bellucci). I don't think that lately she is doing very good movies but I hope to see her soon again in her prime. You can take all the actresses on the right and wrong side of the forties but as long as you let me see Jennifer i will still be happy to watch another movie of her. My favorites until now are:
- Phenomena (Dario Argento, 1985)
- Labyrinth (Jim Henson, 1986)
- Dark City (Alex Proyas,1998)
- Waking the Death (Keith Gordon,1998)
- Requiem for a Dream (Darren Aronofsky, 2000)
- A Beautiful mind (Ron Howard, 2001)
- House of Sand and Fog (Vadim Perelman, 2003)
Born in Catskill Mountains, New York State,1970, Connelly convince me of her intelligence and sensitivite as a performer and I am glad that she's been acting for so long since the first time i saw her sharing screen and fantasy with Bowie in the Jim Henson movie.
Even if I prefer to see her not playing the wife or girlfriend of the main character is good to read positive critics of her latest movie: Creation (Jon Amiel, 2009) a film about Charles Darwin (of all my heroes!) who is played by her husband Paul Bettany .